Secertary of The Navy Lecture

 This weeks blog is going to be a little different then what I have been posting about. I had the privilege of sitting in on the Secretary of the Navy, Carlos Del Toro's speech that he held at Georgia Tech for the NROTC and GTRI programs. Most of what I have been posting about has covered current military involvement that is going on from the US across the world. The Secretary of the Navy is appointed by the current sitting president and handles all affairs that relate to the Navy and the Marine Corps. I have been covering a good deal of naval operations we have been seeing recently and how they relate to global conflict and the political spectrum. By listening to his lecture I got first hand information from the source of what the US opinions are in regards to global threats.

To start his talk with addressing the obvious conflicts in the world that the US has some kind of involvement in. He was very vocal about a series of concerns that the United States is being faced with. The top of his list was China, due to their aggression in the South China Sea especially in relation with Taiwan. He also had talked a good deal about what has been going on between Russia and Ukraine as well as North Korea's hostility. His message was clear, the United States will not shy away from any of its adversary's and it will do anything in its capability to maintain superiority over the nations who wish harm upon the world. Obviously this message is very public and has been made clear by the actions America has taken so far. What I gathered the most from this however is what American involvement could look like going forward after the election.  

It can be inferred that should Vice President Harris be elected that we will see approaches by the US being very similar to what they are doing now when it comes to military strategy. This comes from the Current President Biden and Harris sharing very similar values and strategies themselves. Now if president Trump is elected he will more than likely appoint an new Secretary of the Navy that will pursue action that more closely relates to his "anti war" position that he prides himself on. There are many more positions and people that will be placed into power that will advise the new president but this lecture that I sat in on really opened my eyes to how impactful each of the appointed members under the president are. I have linked the current Secretary of the Navy s bio and I encourage you to not only look into who he is and what his mission/beliefs are but do this for other people serving in the current cabinet. I think by grasping an understanding of who the people behind the scenes are that are working for this country you will be able to have a better understanding of what the president is doing to impose their vision on the well being and future of the country.

https://www.secnav.navy.mil/Pages/Bio.aspx


CARLOS DEL TORO > United States Marine ...



Comments